Alumni Association Meeting and School Bond Proposal
At the Lansing Board of Education meeting yesterday the Board voted unaimoulsy to support the recommendations of the Bond Committee almost exactly as presented. A copy of the press release that the administration released is attached here.
I also attached the report of the Alumni Board meeting on October 8.
The School District has set up a new website with information about the Bond Proposal. It has lots of information posted under various tabs. Please check it out: http://www.lansingpathwaypromise.net/
The Alumni Association Board will meet next week on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 4:00 pm in the Social Room. Please plan to attend if you can. Information discussed informally at the Board meeting confirms that Sparrow plans to demolish Eastern High School after it takes posession. The draft purchase agreement could include some efforts to do deconstruction, removal, relocation or other reuse of some of the best historic features of the building. We need to develop some strategies around this opportunity.
I made contact with Jesse Lasorda from the Lansing Historical Society to ask if I could meet with with him. I think it may be beneficial for the Alumni and the Historical Society to work together to presrve as many of the best historic features of LEHS as possible. Agreements need to be inlcuded in the final sales documents.
Your thoughts and comments are invited and welcome.
Have a wonderful weekend.
The Lansing School District has announced a series of Community Forums to bring Lansing residents up to date on development of a School Improvement Plan and School Bond Proposal. You are invited to attend any meeting that works in your schedule. All are open to the public and broad participation is encouraged. Also attached are documents that describes the Pathway Promise that forms the framework for the District's Strategic and facilities plan and the results of the Epic MRA Poll of voter attitudes regarding the School Bond. Both will be discussed in the Community Forums.
- September 28, 6-7:30pm: Ward 1 – Pattengill with Dan LaMore and/or Amy Baumer and Bond Committee Member TBD
- September 29, 10-11:30am: Elmhurst Learning Center with Dan LaMore and/or Amy Baumer and Bond Committee Member TBD
- September 30, 6-7:30pm: Ward 2 – Forest View with Dan LaMore and/or Amy Baumer and Bond Committee Member TBD
- October 1, 6-7:30pm: Ward 3 – Everett with Dan LaMore and/or Amy Baumer and Bond Committee Member TBD
- October 5, 6-7:30pm: Ward 4 – Sexton with Andy Kilpatrick, Dan LaMore and/or Amy Baumer